Alessi Project Update

Posted May 27th, 2010 by Christan Griego in Uncategorized | 7 Comments »

We’ve received many inquiries about the coming Alessi line, so I decided to fill everyone in. Yes, we are working on the new mouthpieces and I’m really excited about our progress. Joe was just in Elkhorn for a couple of days of instrument and mouthpiece development. It went well — discoveries were made that should benefit us all.

After Joe went home, I went to New York City this past Tuesday for another round of mega mouthpiece testing. On my way into Lincoln Center, I saw Dave Taylor talking on his cell and went over to chat for a bit. It’s always great to see Dave.

Once the orchestra went on a lunch break, we started in on the mouthpieces. Amanda Stewart stuck around to lend us her ears. When rehearsal started back up, I headed out for lunch and ran into Weston Sprott. We had a great time talking shop/life/training.

After lunch it was back to the much improved Juilliard School for more mouthpiece work. This time, Dave Finlayson joined us and we quickly nailed down the winners and losers. After taking tons of notes, it was back to the airport for dinner and plane ride home.

We’re now moving on to other mouthpiece sizes. If all goes according to plan, we’ll be unveiling some new features that have never been offered in any mouthpiece line. It’s a ton of work, but very rewarding. Thanks for your patience!

7 Responses to “Alessi Project Update”

1. Shinsuke says:

Hurry up !
    Please !

2. Marshall says:

Hello Christan, will you by any chance have some Alessi mouthpieces availiable at the International Trombone Festival in Austin?

3. ted rachofsky says:

Dear Christian,
    It’s my understanding that your comparible model of the Greg Black JA-1.5 M
    will have no changes, just a faster and more efficient shipping procedure. Is this true, or is there an upcoming change in this model. I will try and talk to you personally today or tomorrow at the ITA convention. Thanks, Ted

4. Bill Stanley says:

Any recent updates? I saw a different mouthpiece shape on the recent NY Phil broadcast.

5. Carson says:

Any word on when the new 7F will be ready for order? I tried it this fall and really want one.

6. Stephen Williams says:

Any insight as to when the Alessi mouthpieces will become available?

7. Alexander Jones says:

Do we have any more recent updates about this mouthpieces? I know myself as well as others can’t wait to get our hands on one.

Categories

• Marshall says:

• ted rachofsky says:

Dear Christian,
    It’s my understanding that your comparible model of the Greg Black JA-1.5 M

• Bill Stanley says:

• Carson says:

• Stephen Williams says:

Any insight as to when the Alessi mouthpieces will become available?

• Alexander Jones says: